I’m heading down to our nation’s capital on Thursday for my first World Fantasy Convention, and if you’re going, or just in the D.C. area, I hope I get a chance to see you. I have an expanded list of things I’m doing there, so without further ado, here it is. (Note: All listings are at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City, Arlington, Va.)
- Thursday, Nov. 6, 8 p.m. — I’ll be attending the convention opening ceremonies, Regency E & F, followed by the ice cream social in the Regency Ballroom Foyer.
- Friday, Nov. 7, 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (or longer) — Hanging out at the Night Shade/Talos/Skyhorse booth in the dealer room, Potomac Room, Regency Level.
- Friday, Nov. 7, 4 p.m. — Moderating the World War I Alternate Histories panel, Regency E.
- Friday, Nov. 7, 7:30 p.m. — Participating in the mass autograph session, Independence Center.
- Sunday, Nov. 9, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Staffing the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America table in the dealer room, Potomac Room, Regency Level.
As I understand it, copies of my books will be for sale at the Skyhorse booth during the con, and the booksellers there also do a great job of carrying my stuff (for which I am quite grateful). Will there be giveaways? Possibly! Will I sign books? You betcha. Also, my daughter and official head-shot photographer Anna will be in attendance and will sign her photo credit, which makes those books instant collectors’ items.
You might note that I’m not doing anything “official” on Saturday, and that’s because Anna and I will be heading into D.C. for some seeing of sights. We may be around later, particularly for the art show reception. But I’m still around a lot during the con, so come say hello. You can also hit me up on Twitter at @mikemartinez72 if you prefer. See you there!